Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
55 gal. plastic drums/barrels
01-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Smile 55 gal. plastic drums/barrels
I'm looking for blue plastic 55 gal drums for some planting projects & rain water catch. I could use about 10 of them and 2 of the white food grade. I found some on Craigslist near me, but they wanted $20 per barrel, I'm hoping to find them a little cheaper. I can do cash, or cash & silver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: 55 gal. plastic drums/barrels
There's a guy here in North East that sells them. I'll check his prices next time I'm up that way.

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire; a dangerous servant and a terrible master."
-- George Washington

Quad #2
01-29-2011, 11:07 PM
(01-29-2011 09:20 PM)kralizec Wrote:  There's a guy here in North East that sells them. I'll check his prices next time I'm up that way.

Cool, thanks!
01-30-2011, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2011 05:16 AM by climbngrunt.)
If he hasn't changed the prices, the blue food grade barrels are $10 and the opaque barrels he had were $15.....but his stock changes around.....check this post......I put the guys phone number there..
http://mdpreparedness.com/forum/showthre...455&page=2

If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.
01-30-2011, 09:21 AM
RE: Where to find rain barrels locally
for those who want 55 gallon plastic barrels, atlantic pressure washing in woodlawn (off whitehead road) has them for sale at $22.00 each.

...the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed!

http://www.MSI.org
http://www.oathkeepers.org
NW Quad 1
01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
(01-30-2011 05:09 AM)climbngrunt Wrote:  If he hasn't changed the prices, the blue food grade barrels are $10 and the opaque barrels he had were $15.....but his stock changes around.....check this post......I put the guys phone number there..
http://mdpreparedness.com/forum/showthre...455&page=2

Shoot, don't know how I missed that thread. I'll give him a call.
01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
If its still there, the Pepsi plant in Hyattsville had white ones for $10.
01-31-2011, 06:25 PM
are those the white drums that have four latches that hold down the tops?

If the concept of heading on down to the local Home Depot and transforming $100 worth of random pipe bits into a killing machine doesn’t appeal to you, you’re a frikkin' pansy. Also, you’re probably sane and will live significantly longer than I will.
01-31-2011, 09:40 PM
FYI----the dunkin donuts in Havre De Grace makes the donuts for some of the other locations in Cecil and Harford counties.

I had a sort of conversation with the HDG manager and I think we can get free food grade 5gal. buckets from them. I'm almost 100% sure he said it was cool. I could only understand about every third word he said.

I plan on stopping by soon, I'm just not over there much and the bridge is murder if there's any traffic.

Thanks to Streetgang for this tip, He suggested donut shops as a free source of 5gal. buckets some time ago.

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire; a dangerous servant and a terrible master."
-- George Washington

Quad #2
02-01-2011, 04:28 AM
we' ll have to hook up and make a run kralizec, I could use some real soon