Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supplies!
Saw Tom today, he has a true preppers paradise. The sheer volume is jaw dropping. He has everything you want. A trip regardless of how far you are is necessary.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
(04-05-2017, 10:37 AM)Wanderer Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 08:42 PM)marko12 Wrote: Could you assemble me a simple list of what's available, I zoomed in but can't see everything.  Still I would like to help out.

Mark

Marko, squinting I can make out "Soft Red Wheat", "Spaghetti", "Soup Noodles", "Macaroni", "Rice ???", "Quinoa Flour", "Dry Milk (powder)", "Hash Browns", "Molasses Powder", "Celery", "Potato Flakes"

I made a call to Tom a couple days back, and indeed the best way to scope out what is available is to pay him a visit. Re-reading this thread, I realize that by some means or other I confused myself into an impression on where Tom is. I would love to pay him a visit, but now that Tom gave me an indication on where I would be going, I see that google maps is telling me that the drive from my area in Quad #2 down to Tom's place in Quad #3 would take 2.5 hours. 5 hours round-trip is too much driving for the limited amount of cargo capacity in my toyota camry. It would be more worthwhile if I had a truck or trailer, or was teaming up with someone in Quad #2 with extra cargo capacity for a trip to Tom's. So, unless someone else in Quad #2 has better cargo capacity and will split gas costs to make a trip down, I will be calling Tom thank him for the offer, but apologize that I cannot make the trip after all.

For anyone still considering this, Tom says that the offer for his excess supplies is good through the end of April, but after that he will probably need to do something about them. Don't dither too long, or the opportunity will be gone.
Rent a truck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
(04-10-2017, 08:19 AM)mikkeira Wrote: Rent a truck.

That's not necessarily a bad idea. I ran the numbers for a round trip with a 16' Budget rent-a-truck from 21001 (Aberdeen), and the estimated total cost {rental, mileage, gas, tolls, insurance} comes out to $324.93.

Would anyone from Quad 2 like to join me in this venture, to share the costs for the cargo space? A 16' truck has 3 seats, so this could be divided in halves or thirds. I would be free to do this on the 15th, 16th, 22nd, or 30th.
Just curious what area is Tom in, I have no clue
(04-14-2017, 06:55 PM)chuckawolf Wrote: Just curious what area is Tom in, I have no clue

Chaptico, MD
Central Quad #3

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade