Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Neat Tip
I saw somewhere, can't recall where, that a crayon would burn like a candle. Pretty good alternate use for a crayon in a pinch.The tip said that it would burn for about 30 minutes.
So, today I had a little time to kill and tried it out. It works. First you cut the pointed tip of the crayon off at the paper. Then, heat the opposite end until the wax melts enough to mount the crayon upright on a non-flammable surface. Next make a slit with the tip of your knife down the paper to within a 1/4" of the bottom of the crayon. This slit gives the wax a place to go.. otherwise it will just extinguish itself once the paper burns down a bit. I did all of this without the slit at first then realized the wax needed a place to drain as the paper burned. Once I made the slit then the little crayon burned for 53 minutes.. Pretty neat!
NW Quad #1
"You cannot conquer an idea with an army." Thomas Paine

Love it... Big hacked a crayon
Be strong enough to stand alone.
Be yourself enough to stand apart.
But be wise enough to stand together when the time comes.
Well, color me impressed.
*** Do Something!! *****

How much pork can a pack pig pack if a pack pig could pack pork? - AmmoSgt
i'd seen that - tempted to try using them as fire starters for backpacking campfires.
Coastal Carolina
I saw that posted on FB. I tried it as well. I was amazed it actually worked.
Scooter X
Quad #2
Harford County

"Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus" Hope for the best prepare for the worst
its a handy use for those horrible cheap crayons you get at restaurants when you take the kids. those things can barely color, but i bet they burn.
Coastal Carolina
(09-18-2013, 05:05 PM)AmmoSgt Wrote: Love it... Big hacked a crayon

Quad #3 St Mary's
You can also melt down broken or small crayons and pour them into a container with a wick/wicks and make larger candles. I have a few old candles my wife was going to throw away that I have added wax to.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"

“Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.” – Robin Hood the Movie, 2010