Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacuum Sealers.....
I prefer the maxkon vacuum sealer from Crazysales. When I wrap with freezer paper I've also started wrapping a couple times in saran wrap first, then freezer paper. Seems to do a better job at protecting meat. I will use the vac sealer for processed meat like sausage, sticks, etc as well as the good chops and steaks. I will use the paper for trimmings or stuff I've already ground up and plan on processing into something else in the not so distant future. Them freezer bags get spendy.
I was wondering about that, wrapping with freezer paper first. Thanks !

I've had several vacuum sealers and they are all great but one thing is always variable with these sealers and that is after the sealing process air seems to leak in and the tight wrap tends not to be so tight. Reasons for this ?
North East, Quad #2

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

When I was a young lad my parents asked me what I wanted to be when/if I grew up.
My response, " A DICHOTOMY".

Mission Accomplished !
(11-30-2016, 11:47 AM)marko12 Wrote: I was wondering about that, wrapping with freezer paper first.  Thanks !

I've had several vacuum sealers and they are all great but one thing is always variable with these sealers and that is after the sealing process air seems to leak in and the tight wrap tends not to be so tight.  Reasons for this ?

Crystalization of any moisture in the package, making very small, micro sized pin prick holes in the bag.
Central Quad #3

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen commrade
Well, that shouldn't happen ! I'm using the right bags not inferior ones and can't understand why this is still happening.

Using the vacuum sealer for mason jars, I read that if you are having trouble with it sealing then put two lids on the jag and that will aid in the sealing. Only one lid will seal not both.
North East, Quad #2

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

When I was a young lad my parents asked me what I wanted to be when/if I grew up.
My response, " A DICHOTOMY".

Mission Accomplished !
They are WONDERFUL for everyday use but they're especially wonderful for preppers. We put things like chocolate chips in mason jars and then suck the air out to make them last far longer than they would in their original bag. I'd suggest buying one of the sealers offered by Costco. We've loved ours, but you also have the ability to return them if you don't like the unit for whatever reason. They put their vacuum sealers on sale a couple of times each year. They're nice stainless steel units. We've probably had ours for 8 years or so, and it's still going strong!

They have several models available online and can ship direct to your door. If you end up needing to return your unit, you can mail it back or return it to the store to get your refund. They also have the bags available in their stores and online. These also go on sale fairly regularly.

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dep...ageSize=96
Just saw this Black Friday deal of a Food Saver. I've never used this model, but it seems to be a good deal at 50% off with free shipping if you use the "SDEALSBF" coupon code.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10901363-foodsa...e-shipping
(11-24-2017, 07:55 PM)pobox15 Wrote: Just saw this Black Friday deal of a Food Saver. I've never used this model, but it seems to be a good deal at 50% off with free shipping if you use the "SDEALSBF" coupon code.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10901363-foodsa...e-shipping
Looks good! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
*** Do Something!! *****

How much pork can a pack pig pack if a pack pig could pack pork? - AmmoSgt
Hey guys, the best place for vacuum bags in bulk is ebay. I bought 5 rolls, shipped free and the quality is excellent.
here's one store, you can search for better deals but these are good.
http://stores.ebay.com/VacAndPac?_trksid=p2047675.l2563