Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bread recipe that doesn't require yeast everytime?
I could buy yeast every time I bake bread or what? I mean in the world we're all preparing for, one cannot go to wally world and pick up a package of yeast.

Does anyone have a recipe that will give me normal sandwich bread but that I don't have to use a new packet of yeast every time? Can I just grow yeast and dump in a cup or something?

Help a brother out here. I'm trying to save money and I'm making drastic cuts to my food budget.
Check out the bread thread///
http://mdpreparedness.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=136
NW Quad #1
"You cannot conquer an idea with an army." Thomas Paine

I do not see any reason that a person could not keep a running batch of yeast in a jar on the counter,,, especially if a person was making bread every day. Remove as much as needed,, add a little water and some sugar and wait a day.
Would take some practice to get the exact method down.
you can grow yeast pretty easily

it is an extremely prevelant spor

all you generally need is a sugery/starchy water base (potato water works) grape or other fruit skins (unwashed) mashed up in a bowl of water will generally form yeast for sourdough in a matter of days.

once you get a live yeast starter going you can keep it going almost indefinately.
Coastal Carolina
Ok.

I'm going to take some of my store bought super yeast and attempt keeping it as a starter.
Mrs. SG made some bread the other day. No yeast needed. Beer was the mechanism to start the rising process. I have a case of Bud Light that was given to me. Looks like I found a good use for NASCAR beer besides hydration without taste. Smile
We're here from the Gubmint and we're here to take care of you.
LOL....

Beer bread is good stuff.. forgot about that but I had an aunt that used to make it.
NW Quad #1
"You cannot conquer an idea with an army." Thomas Paine

It's really good. Lots of herbs, give it a savory flavor. She promised to make some for this weekend.
We're here from the Gubmint and we're here to take care of you.
(09-25-2011, 05:47 PM)Streetgang Wrote: Mrs. SG made some bread the other day. No yeast needed. Beer was the mechanism to start the rising process. I have a case of Bud Light that was given to me. Looks like I found a good use for NASCAR beer besides hydration without taste. Smile

Recipe?

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire; a dangerous servant and a terrible master."
-- George Washington

Quad #2
Recipe, ll ?
North East, Quad #2

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

When I was a young lad my parents asked me what I wanted to be when/if I grew up.
My response, " A DICHOTOMY".

Mission Accomplished !